Coronavirus has now become a cause of great concern. Many people have died from this infection so far. It is a large group of infections that cause disease stretching from the simple cold to more severe illnesses such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. It is a new infection in humans that not identified earlier. World Health Organization gave the coronavirus a new name, COVID – 19. First, it detected in China, and now the infection spreads to 25 other countries outside China. Experts are still examining how the virus spreads, but they have confirmed that it has come from animals and moved to people. There is no cure or medication for this virus yet. The symptoms commonly start within 14 days after you get infected.
Signs and Symptoms
Common symptoms of infection include
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
Coronavirus quickly affected in people with weak immune systems, heart diseases, older adults, and infants. In severe conditions, the viruses may turn into pneumonia and bronchitis which create symptoms such as
- High fever if you have pneumonia
- Cough with mucus
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in chest when you cough and breathe
- Kidney failure
Coronavirus spreads from an infected person to others by
- Cough and sneeze
- Touch or shake hands
- Touch a thing with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose with unwashed hands.
You can defeat the risk of getting or spreading infection if you follow these tips:
- Cleaning hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or can use hand sanitizer.
- Don’t touch your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use an infection protective mask whenever you go out.
- Cover your face with a tissue whenever you cough and sneezes. Then throw away that tissue and wash your hands properly.
- Don’t’ eat raw or undercooked food and meat.
- Do not come in close contact with people who are sick, mainly if they have a breathing problem, fever, or cough.
- Stay at home when you sick.