Fish is a good source of protein. This recipe is probably one of the easiest and healthiest preparations. It can make with a minimum of spices and helps retain the goodness of the fish intact while cooking. It is a quick and easy fish recipe that helps in hurried mornings and serving guests at a short time.
- Fish (Rohu, Hilsa or Pomfrets) – 4 pieces
- Mustard paste – 4 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Turmeric powder – 2tsp
- Green chilies – 2-3
- Mustard oil – 3tbsp
1) Soak the mustard seeds in warm water for 1 hour then make a fine paste out of it.
2) Wash the pieces of fish properly then marinate the fish with mustard paste, mustard oil, salt, chilies, and turmeric powder.
3) Take a stainless-steel Tiffin box and place the marination to it. Mix well and close the lid of the box tight.
4) When you cook rice in the pressure cooker or rice cooker, put this box in the middle and close it. Along with rice, fish will also be made. It is an effortless as well as a time-saving process. If you wish you can separately steam the fish.
5) Once done, switch off the flame and wait till the cooker cool down.
6) Gently, take out the Tiffin box and open the lid then pour a teaspoon of mustard oil on top and serve with steamed rice.
If you want, you can try this recipe with any fish of your choice. Just try it once, surely you will love it. So, make this and enjoy the recipe.